Better Care

Safeguarding Adults

The Safeguarding Adults team are here to advise and support staff providing care for adults at risk.  The team also provides training for staff to help them to recognise abuse and know how to respond to it.  We aim to create a culture where we not only identify and respond to abuse, but also, wherever possible, to identify risk at an early stage and put in place interventions to prevent harm to adults.

Click here to visit the website for safeguarding adults

What Happens Next?

We will work with you and other agencies to find out as much as possible about what might have happened.  We will:

  • plan how to keep the person safe

  • support them and their carers and

  • offer support in the future

If we think there is a crime the police may decide to investigate.

West Midlands Sexual Assault Support Service 

If you, or someone that you know has been the victim of sexual assault and you live in the West Midlands, please click here to access our dedicated support service.

Additional support

Dudley Safeguarding

Safe and Sound – Dudley's Community Safety Partnership

The Care Act – Protecting adults from abuse or neglect

Fire Safety


Reporting a Safeguarding Adults Incident

Reporting a Safeguarding Adults Incident

What should I do if I think I or someone else is being abused?

You should tell someone you trust.

In an emergency phone 999.

If you think there has been a crime contact the police straightaway. 

West Midlands Police can be contacted on 0845 113 5000.

If you live in the community, please contact Birmingham City Council Adults and Communities office (telephone numbers below) or inform a professional of your concerns, i.e. your Community Nurse or GP.

Birmingham City Council Adults and Communities Access Point (ACAP)

Phone: 0121 303 1234

Fax: 0121 303 6245

Out of hours you can contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0121 675 4806.

If you are in hospital, please speak to a professional about your concerns.