Better Care

Report a Concern

For an adult

What should I do if I think I or someone else is being abused?

You should tell someone you trust.

  • You should tell someone you trust.
  • In an emergency phone 999.
  • If you think there has been a crime contact the police straightaway on 999 or 111
  • Complete the Birmingham City Council Safeguarding Adults online referral via on line portal at

The contact number for  Birmingham City Council Adults and Communities Access Point (ACAP) Phone: 0121 303 1234, Out of hours you can contact the Emergency Duty Team on 0121 675 4806.

Birmingham Safeguarding Adults Board

For a child

There are several ways to report concerns about the safety or welfare of a child.  Each of them will ensure that any necessary action to protect the child can be taken promptly. Please contact one of the organisations below promptly using any one of the contact methods listed to report concerns about a child in confidence.

Stop it Now! is a campaign that aims to stop child sexual abuse by encouraging abusers and potential abusers to seek help and, by giving adults the information they need, to protect children effectively. 

Birmingham children's information and advice service on 0121 303 1888.  Outside office hours, call the emergency duty team 24 hours a day, seven days a week on: 012 1 675 4806.

The neglect or abuse of a child is a criminal offence. You can report concerns about a child directly to West Midlands Police.

The Birmingham Safeguarding Children Board coordinates all work to safeguard and promote the wellbeing of children and young people in Birmingham and ensure effective multi-agency safeguarding procedures are maintained.
Click here to visit the BSCB website.

The NSPCC provides a number of ways to report concerns about a child quickly and discreetly.